1. Agency certifies that it is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) social service agency, a religious organization in good standing, a school family resource center, or other governmental agency providing social services to individuals or families in need and that it has included documentation of such status along with this executed Agreement.
2. As a participant in the Junior League of Baton Rouge Diaper Bank’s diaper distribution program, Agency will provide diapers to its clients in a conscientious manner. Agency may not sell, trade, or barter items obtained from the Junior League of Baton Rouge Diaper Bank, nor may those items be used for fundraising, auctions, or raffles. Items will be used to provide services to the clients of Agency, and may not be used as gifts to staff or volunteers. Agency agrees to make every effort to avoid duplication of services and to avoid providing diapers to clients who will sell, exchange, or barter with the diapers.
3. Diapers from the Junior League of Baton Rouge are to be used as one part in a broader effort by Agency to assist individuals in need. The Agency, therefore, will not distribute diapers to individuals or families without providing some level of case management to the individual or family so they can work towards self-sufficiency for the long-term. If Agency is providing some or all received diapers to other agencies, Agency agrees to require that those agencies not distribute diapers to individuals or families without providing some level of case management.
4. Agency acknowledges that the Junior League of Baton Rouge Diaper Bank receives diapers donated by others; that Junior League of Baton Rouge often receives donations of opened packages of diapers; that the Junior League of Baton Rouge may purchase diapers; and that the Junior League of Baton Rouge is donating the diapers to Agency with no consideration received. Although Junior League of Baton Rouge believes to its best knowledge that these diapers are safe, Junior League of Baton Rouge and Diaper Bank has not inspected these diapers for safety or other matters. It is the responsibility of recipient agency personnel to inspect the diapers they provide to their clients.
5. The Agency will defend, indemnify, and hold Junior League of Baton Rouge, their affiliated agencies, officers, directors, contractors, agents, and employees harmless from any and all liability, loss, damages, or expenses from all claims, demands, and actions (including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees) out of or in connection with the use or handling of these diapers by the recipient agency, its employees, its clients, or anyone to whom it supplies the diapers.
6. Agency will acquire its diapers at the facility in which they are stored, the Junior League of Baton Rouge Diaper Bank, or an agreed upon location. Any injury sustained by employees, representatives, volunteers, and/or agents of the recipient agency while at the Diaper Bank is not the fault nor the responsibility of Junior League of Baton Rouge. The Agency shall submit, upon request, a certificate of insurance to Junior League of Baton Rouge documenting that the recipient agency has workers’ compensation coverage, general liability coverage, and automobile insurance coverage of at least the minimum automobile insurance limits required by applicable state law.
7. The Agency agrees to provide the Junior League Diaper Bank with at least 2 agency employees, donors, board members, or other designees of said agency, with 8 hours of diaper processing shifts as directed by the Chair of the Diaper Bank. These diaper processing days will be sent to the Agency by August 1 of each contract year. One 4-hour day will be held in the Fall and one 4-hour day will be held in the Spring. It is the Agency’s responsibility to provide 2 agency representatives for those 2 processing days.
8. The Agency will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital or family status. Further, the Agency will not require attendance at religious services as a condition of assistance in any of its programming pertaining to distribution of diapers from the Diaper Bank, nor will any client be forced to endure religious proselytizing of any type.
9. The Agency agrees that it shall not hold itself out or in any way represent that Agency is an employee or agent of the Junior League of Baton Rouge. Nothing herein shall be construed as creating an employer/employee relationship between the parties.
10. The Junior League of Baton Rouge reserves the right to remove Agency from its recipient list if Agency does not adhere to the terms of this agreement, or if any portion of its application is found to be misstated. Written notice will be provided to Agency in the event we will no longer provide diapers to Agency.
11. The Agency will not refer any individual clients to call or visit the Junior League of Baton Rouge office or Diaper Bank distribution center.
12. It is the responsibility of Agency to ensure all its staff, employees, volunteers, etc. are aware of all provisions of this Agreement.
13. The term of this Agreement shall commence as of the date hereof this agreement is last signed by Junior League of Baton Rouge, and shall continue until May 31, 2022, unless the parties otherwise mutually agree in writing to terminate the Agreement. Either party may terminate this Agreement with or without cause upon thirty (30) days prior written notice. If a party chooses to terminate this Agreement, all rights and obligations under this Agreement shall continue until notice period of such termination expires.
14. In agreement to the terms above, the undersigned declares that he/she has the authority to execute this agreement.
15. The Junior League of Baton Rouge Diaper Bank will make every effort to satisfy your diaper needs as requested but may not be able to do so. We make no assurance that we will be able to fully meet your need.
16. The Junior League of Baton Rouge reserves the right to refuse any application for diaper donations.
17. The Junior League of Baton Rouge reserves the right to perform a site visit during the application process, or with appropriate notice any time during the term of this Agreement.
You are not currently logged in. Please log in to submit this form.